Saturday, October 8, 2011

Somethin good*




The end of this crazy week. Kody and I have barely been at home
at all this week. He's been running around going to class, going to
interviews... Me, I've been going to the midwives classes and
MCU Banquet, trying to squeeze in time with Carson. So busy.
I don't think I have had a single home cooked meal this whole week.
I'm so proud of myself for going to the midwives classes this week!
I met some really cool girls from all over the country who are a lot
a lot a lot more experienced then me. They were all older than me,
pretty sure I was the youngest. Everyone was really excited for me.
They gave me lots of cool tips. One girl went up to "The Farm" hippie
homebirthing place in Tennessee three times... It makes me kinda
wanna go on an adventure like that. I heard some really cool stories
and got lots of great knowledge. I'm excited to see what I'm going
to do next with what I learned. We even had to examine 8 placentas...
It was so crazy, but I thought for sure I would be grossed out & it
wasn't even that bad. I just wanna keep learning more about birth.
I have been really into this whole birth/baby/pregnancy thing lately.
I kinda like it.... And then next week I have a huge presentation
mid term on pitocin induced babies and all that. I feel soooo
overly tired today. I want to make white chicken chili and cuddle
up watching movies tonight. Maybe sneak over to the pumpkin
patch or the corn maze tonight. Who knows.. All I really really
want is to snuggle with my boys though, and drink some apple cider.
I'm so happy right now though. And very proud of myself.
After my mom's big 20 minute speech, and this whole week of
midwife stuff, I got a peek into what my mom's life is like...
My mom is soooo cool. And very smart. And worked very hard.
And she is doing a really cool thing. I'm so proud of her.
I'm takin a nap....

No comments: