Saturday, July 19, 2008

Now that my little one is finally here, I don't know what to do next. He's my best friend though. I love him so much. I think he's going to be really nice when he gets bigger. He barely even cries because he's a happy little thing. I love him.

I want to write my story of his birth, just so I can remember.
I was really scared.
I'm glad it's over. But I kind of wish I could go back to that day. It was a really really cool thing. I don't know what else to say about it.

Maybe.

Anyways, maybe now I'm going to finish up my schooling and get my license. Kody and I would also like to move out somewhere.

1 comment:

BirthLady said...

Just a friendly suggestion from an ol lady in NH. I teach in my classes, that it's all excitement when you find out your pregnant, then the showers and excitement of classes, due dates, birth, pictures flowers, balloons. Then you get home and all the friends and family go back to their daily routines and there you sit with a beautiful baby, and the reality of WOW, I just had a baby and now it's up to me to take care of him sets in. It's wonderful, but it can be overwhelming. The flowers have wilted, the balloons are deflated and your leaking from areas you didn't know you could leak from (smile). It's normal to wonder what next. Yes, finishing schooling and getting your license is a good plan. But you just had a baby. You need some time to recover physically and emotionally. As normal as birth is, it is a life changing event and is an emotional and spiritual event that you need to process. Writing down the birth is a good idea. But rest, process things, take care of you and your baby. If you don't take care of you, you will not be able to take care of the baby. It is important to keep him close and care for him and to become the Mamma Bear if you need to be to friends or acquaintences who just want to get their hands on the little guy. Babies are adorable and exciting and sometimes people don't think about how brandy new he is and that all sorts of people touching and hovering is a bit overwhelming for him and you.

Take care and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Jan (surrogate grammy from afar)